Tuesday, June 20, 2017

#Girlboss: Summer Edition - Part O N E


It's my honor to introduce you to Kirsty Briscoe! She is a courageous, mindful single mom of two of the CUTEST toddlers around!

I first met Kirsty when I was doing my student teaching internship at Commerce High School in 2010. She was the current Family and Consumer Sciences teacher, and her magnetic personality and sincerely warm heart drew me in instantly. She was BEYOND gracious in inviting me to sit with their group at lunch and always made sure I felt included, even though I was a "student" teacher and definitely old enough to be her mother!

Kirsty has the biggest heart imaginable and is passionate about good health through good nutrition and self-care. I've watched her walk this path long enough to know it's not a passing fancy or merely an interest. She has diligently walked this path for many years now and to see the difference it's make to the quality of her life is awe-inspiring, to say the least.

A few years ago, she branched out with her own company, Paleo Folks, making wonderfully tasting, nutritionally balanced cake, muffin, and pancake mixes that are gluten-free and Paleo friendly. It was a major milestone when she was picked up by Whole Foods stores and her "baby" began to be regularly stocked at this major chain of quality food stores.

I reached out to Kirsty a few months ago to ask for her nutritional help as I navigate this new phase of life (otherwise known as ....shhhh.....menopause). She is ultra knowledgeable about finding balance, not only in your diet, but also in your routine, your mind, and your soul. Using Biblical principles and wisdom beyond her years, Kirsty can not only introduce you to her amazing "treat" mixes found on Whole Foods shelves, but she can also guide you on how to "tweak" your own diet. She doesn't believe in "cheat" days; instead, she refers to those times as "flexing off plan." It's all about balance!

I love this girl to pieces! Not only has she shown me how to make minor changes that have made a MAJOR impact on my hormone balance, but she's also introduced me to many Paleo recipes that are nutritionally sound, amazingly delicious, and good for the entire family!

Please join me in celebrating this amazing #girlboss! Visit her website (above) and then follow her on Insta @kirstybriscoe, her company's Insta @paleo_folks and on Facebook. You will love her every bit as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Transplanted Adventures!